Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pre-order a signed copy of Ink Dries at Evening Hour

If there's a lot that goes into writing (and reworking on) a poem, there
is an even lot more that goes into giving a collection of poems the
shape of a book -- sequencing them (this itself is worthy of a separate
blogpost), typesetting them with an ideal font (again worthy of at least
one more blogpost), deciding on paper quality, size, etc. and most
importantly, deciding on the print run.

{There is of course the most important step -- deciding on the book's
title and the cover design; but then as you (and I) know that's done
and done pretty fast this time around.}

Peculiarly enough what adds to the task of sequencing the poems in
Ink Dries is the fact that it is not a themed book, unless one calls
"writing a poem" a theme. And as with most poetry books that are not
themed, one has to face up and choose from a literal bevy of
possibilities about where to place which poem and if to let the
book segue seamlessly (as was the case with Moving On) or to
incorporate sectioning and separators...


But then, I have been here before and all that should get done in
time, and Ink Dries will be forthcoming soon. Which brings me to
this post. Thanks to Priyanka and the good people at Evening Hour,
you can now pre-order a copy of Ink Dries and get it shipped to you
free (anywhere in India)!

More details here at Evening Hour's link

The book should be available at a other places and there will be a
release / launch here in Hyderabad too. More details on all that later;
for now if you want a copy of Ink Dries, just pre-order it at
Evening Hour!

And oh yes, as I keep saying, it is poetry so be good to it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?