Sunday, May 5, 2013

My third book, another collection of poetry -- Stray Birds

Considering the amount of time that I have devoted to the heartbreak of bird photography over the last three -- four (counting digital) years  and all the bird watching that has gone into it (a lens is no less than a scope and if you don't watch and learn to anticipate what the bird will do, you cannot shoot much that you can keep), a book around birds from me was bound to happen sooner or later.

So, here it is -- the cover of my third collection of poetry, Stray Birds.

      
Launching sometime in June this year.

The cover design is by my brother Sashi who had also drawn the cover illustration for my first book, Moving On. The bird is a Common Kingfisher (male) that allowed me any number of stunning photographs over more than three months during and after the rains.

May it stay common and may it allow me to get even closer!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?