Monday, May 17, 2010

An elegy on the demise of April

Uninspired by Eliot
now I write this elegy
half a month after its demise,
to an empty April
when all that's poetic
like broken-winged birds
stayed trapped in emptiness
failing to soar away
all through the days
and the sun burned
in my eyes
long after nightfall
silhouetting flaring
images of ghostly trains
rattling along emptily
even the high notes of their rattles
echoing emptiness
through a summer burnt Wasteland
unlike what Eliot ever mused on.

2 comments:

  1. "Absolutely loved the poem, especially the "silhouetting flaring images of ghostly trains" part...the imagery just burns...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sashi, want to take a shot at painting this up?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?