Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Midway musings

I really don't know where I am headed.

Or where I started from, for that matter.

You see, peculiarly enough both the beginning and end of this journey is me; maybe when I arrive, I will be a more footsore me, maybe when I reach, I will be a better me, but then isn't that a natural progression in life?

That we get better, wiser, tireder(??) with age?

Yes, I said "age". I am sure you will agree, 40 days would constitute an important factor of "time /age", being 1/10 of a year after all!

Lately, I have realised that I don't have a very good equation with time, and that I absolutely abhor summer. And though (I am sure) I will continue to be under the attack of delusions and imaginations (how real is poetry, anyway?) I do realise that however much I live within myself, the other will be time.

Sometimes holding a mirror to my face.

Sometimes brushing by as a cat's paw, redolent with deja` vu, leaving me flummoxed and then making me chase after it, to decipher meanings and craft words...and make sense of memories.

Sometimes like an endless road that just loses itself into the horizon.

Which means even if I do nothing, time will move and I would have journeyed, in terms of time.

So, this journey then; though in many ways not a patch on the toil and hardships of the real Deeksha, I do feel like a pilgrim and as day follows day in the march of time, there is progress too and I am now midway.

"Does the stillness of this silence say
that there's no beginning and no end -- here midway?"

Tripping on :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?