Thursday, July 21, 2011

bomb blast?

oh
it’s only a train i missed
missed to get a foothold before it left in a hurry
it doesn’t matter that i slipped
or fell
on the platform
and my purse is with me
my mobile
my glasses
my umbrella.

thank god
i didn’t slip through the gap
on to the rails
like so many others
that’s their problem
or their folks
if they get to know about it
i'll just get the next train
dust my back
5rs sada 7rs cream polish my shoes
and get to work
that’s what i’m here for
that's what
we are all here for
while you
the rest of india
the generals in pakistan
the so called don
pax america
saudi ayatollah
non state players
spitting around the spittoon civil society
imagine that a pawn has moved
in the great game

-- By M.S. Gopal

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?