Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Chandra!

You would have turned 35 today. Or 36.

If you were here today, maybe (in all probability) I would have as usual forgotten to wish you on my own.

But I am sure -- dead sure -- that you would have remembered to somehow get in touch and fix up a meeting somewhere. Probably to treat me to Beer and Biryani or something else befitting of a birthday party / treat for one's best friend.

And you would have wondered about the amount of grey my cranial and facial hair, laughed about being younger than my younger brother and pulled my leg about a birthday card, or a gift.

But then, I could have gifted you a book this time, one dedicated to you.

Cheers, Chandra and many many happy returns of the day.

Drink with the Gods up there, my friend.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?