Friday, June 22, 2012

A Song as Summer Ends

 
You wells of implacable sun-blaze
you nibs dipped in life light
I will raise you first
skywards
for that deluge of wetness
that heaven sends
I will raise you first, when it rains
immaterial of my soul's thirst

For now, my eyes, there's more
to see and hear
in the rhythmic dance of mirages on heat melt roads
to gaze hard at clayey cracks, for hark
there's a story in this now parched
mere of water lost. Yes, my eyes
we will take root, to unravel and raconteur
what these dried snags say

Wondrous, we will stay transfixed,
hearing birdsong in silhouettes of avian flight.
For now, my eyes, there's more
to see and hear,

This summer's just a short day
and long's the distance
to that endless night,
when we close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?