Thursday, March 21, 2013

Three poems from Ink Dries

Kartik Purnima, 2009

A white hole
for milky light
the full moon
at its high noon
has sucked out
winking starlight
leaving the black hole
of the skies
of this night
when the day's named
after the moon
a Neelkanth blue
with which time
auspicious minutes writes.

***********

Camouflage

Half of earth and half of sky,
these colours
blue and brown me,
clothing me in camouflage
for bird and butterfly eye.

While of what can be heard
the spoor that breaks my trail
is a tread mocassined
by the stillness of my soul

And the zephyrs of the chase.

***********

Ink Dries

For my ears,
these words voice
nothing more than a nib's scratch
as pen touches paper.

I write,
but out of habit;
its smell therapeutic, liberating
with a swirl of light

On the blue of seas
ink dries

Into seen meanings.

(Three poems from my second book -- Ink Dries. Because, today is World Poetry Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?