Monday, October 19, 2009

"Aren't grasses green?"

Hands clenched into fists
around the rear-view mirrors' stands
in my front, the little man rides,
bottom itching on the petrol tank;

at watch, eyes permanently peeled
behind me - pillion sitting -
the bigger little man watches
our road changing, from straight asphalt

into a snaking river of gravel red, flowing
through a sea of motorcycle dwarfing grasses
flowering yellows, purples and russets,
and when just green, like none on any lawn seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?