Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, John Muir!

Today's John Muir's birthday.

Among other notables who have written about the natural world, the outdoors and the wilds, John Muir has been one of my biggest inspirations -- ever since I read about him in an old issue of the National Geographic. I had set out to do a long and detailed post on him and how he has inspired me, but while I have been busy with another birthday John's is almost getting over :-)

So, watch this space for that detailed post!

Happy birthday, John Muir.

Some of his quotes are here (many are not not exactly perfect).

Some of his writings are here.

A related post by another blogger is here.

Don't know who he is? There's google!

Incidentally according to some sources, Earth Day's date (April 22nd, that is tomorrow) was chosen under the misconception that it is John Muir's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?