Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saaz Aggarwal on "Moving On"

By and large, Facebook has been pretty good to me and I
have met some really amazing people on this social networking
site. One of them has been the amazingly versatile, highly
prolific (she's a writer, editor and poet too) refreshingly
witty Saaz Aggarwal.

Our interactions were about this and that (and of course Hyderabadi
Biryani) and when Saaz came to know that I have a book of poems
out, she went ahead and bought it, (from Evening Hour) promised
to read it and even said she may review it for her blog.

That verdict is out and available in full
here.

I am like, YAY and Wooooo Hoooo Hoooo to see that she says...

"Anand’s poems made me smile – some for their wit, some for their
depth. The themes were mostly elemental and filled with
passion … the monsoons … rivers, lakes, hills, trees and
cloudbursts the poet had allowed to enter his consciousness and
emerge, transformed, as evocative words on paper … a word sketch
of a day-wage labourer … the knowledge that one would have to learn
history from a book rather than from a grandmother who had lived
it … and many that dealt with a broken heart."

Thank you Saaz Ji. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?