Friday, April 26, 2013

My reading at the Red Leaf Poetry group

This is a bit late in the day, but then its still current by my chronologically challenged mindset (and then again, we are still in the same month), so I hope it isn't too late to thank Linda, Shubhorup and Nivedita for having me over at the Red Leaf Poetry group's monthly get together for April.

Thanks to Nivedita's presence as an "interpreter" and Linda's hands-on stewardship of the event, I was very much at ease and could really enjoy being there at Landmark. As I have said earlier, I have no problems reading my poetry (nor any hang-ups about doing it), its just that the hearing environments in most such dos defeat my hearing aids and that evidently contributes to making me seem inarticulate or shy or self-effacing or whatever (I really don't think I am any of that -- not more than any more poet, anyway).

Not that it matters in any earth-shattering way -- but it was good to have an audience to read to and it was good to have to field so many questions as well. And it was also good to use the occasion (and the location -- how many people who come to Landmark buy any poetry books?)  to briefly touch on the penury of being a poet who has published two books.

Linda, Subhorup and Nivedita (not in any order) thanks for having me over, I was honoured. Wishing you all the very best in your endeavours to popularise / revive poetry. May your tribe increase :-)   

3 comments:

  1. It was an honor to have someone who thinks so deeply about the written word to come and share with us what you feel about the island of its own that poetry has been exiled to. Your insight and passion helped strengthen our optimism for the future of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for mentioning about the meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for being so generous.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?