Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The renewal (and after)

As resplendently dark
as the eternal truth,
as overpoweringly soulful
as the silent hum
of divine nothingness,
the night of Shiva is here.

ॐ नमः शिवाय


I wrote that on Mahashivaratri.

Once again, the temptation was to give it up all, leave this constant fight to be, and go on the path that the hermits walk, the yogis walk, the Shiva trippers walk...and this time the temptation was far more powerful than it has been before, ever since I have heard the call of Shiva, known it as the wellspring of my faith (and sanity). Especially so, because the last four-five months had left me more or less mentally punch-drunk. Because its one thing to be in a boxing ring and getting slammed around and its another when punches hit your core, your self-belief and sense of dignity, your very sense of being human. 

Surprisingly, I did something else all-together -- decided to shave it all away and get a haircut as well. After all, I am anyway very lot low-maintenance and frugal in my wants -- with due respects to the ascetics (and the real men of God). The rest can wait, till I photograph some more birds :-)

I did not manage to do anything much on Mahashivaratri either. Did not go to Varanasi or Prayag (had vague plans to do both and of course, all the time in the world as well). 

But I had my inner renewal all the same and this post is in to commemorate the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?