Friday, February 12, 2010

ॐ नमः शिवाय

hari-har ek rup gunshila l
karat swami-sevakki leela ll 16 ll

rahtey deu pujat pujvavat l
puja-padhati sabanhi sikhavat ll 17 ll

maruti ban hari-seva kinhi l
rameshwar ban seva linhi ll 18 ll

A part of my daily prayer from "Sri Shiva Chalisa" (on those days when I get down to praying seriously), these three Dohas probably best explain the centrality of Lord Shiva in the Hindu pantheon. Thought of posting this up here for I have always been someone who trips on Lord Shiva and because today is Maha Shivaratri.

P.S. - For some weird reason, Google transliteration works only for the headline (and label) of the post, will try again later, for now, "Om Namah Shivaya" and may his vitality be with you and power your creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Reciprocate your wishes....Read the Shiva stuti and watched my people do the lingabhishekam - an auspicious, beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?