Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Memory's Scythe

If your hair wasn't black
blue-black or browned out of a bottle
but green, with highlights
of yellow, wild-flowering
red, pink and yellow, and

If it had flowed down
longer than waist long, like love let loose,
it could have been
my monsoon world of grasses shoulder-high
where I crouched all those days

Lost -- questioning --
why the skies copiously flow down
their wetness coupling them to the earth
and rise skywards again in wet green
that summer's flaming sun scythe will burn.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?