Monday, February 22, 2010

Some poetry and a lot of pain

On the morning of 17th February (it wasn't afternoon -- of that I am sure) one of the dumb bells I exercise with (once in a while) fell on my left hand.

Nothing broken thankfully (especially not the dumb bell), but my hand really ballooned up in a big way. To look like a bear's paw and become equally unwieldy.

Typing was a pain, holding onto a book was a pain, putting on a shirt was a pain, and so on...

I did manage to cycle around (the motorcycle's clutch lever is on the left handlebar; will try clutching it tomorrow and hope that I don't pass out from pain) and though jolts of pain shoot up when I put the left hand on the handlebars, the joys of moving on are worth it.

Incidentally, on the evening of 16th I was cycling after posting up Memory's Scythe here and it rained and rained and rained, making things more than a bit dicey for me since my clothes (I was wearing a Kurta and baggy cotton cargoes) soaked up all the waters and made cycling back home really heavy going.

Coincidentally (I mean this in an eerie way), I had been similarly soaked (and caught up in a 4 hours long traffic jam somewhere near SR Nagar on my way back home) when I had written Unslept.

Eerie, no?

Maybe I shouldn't complain about the rains not raining too much :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?