Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ink Dries -- the Oxford Bookstores launch

Giridhar sets the evening rolling :-)

Mr. Marur reading from a poem on the Hussain Sagar from Moving On


Two good, eh?
In keeping with where I was coming from, I wore green, was in my birding tee.

And did I feel as fidgety as a bird as camera after camera snapped me up? 

I did.

But thereafter I was more or less a relaxed bird, perching confidently in a familiar milieu as Giridhar set the evening rolling as the emcee and Mr. Vijay Marur once again blew the audience (a fairly sized one for poetry on a rainy Saturday evening, especially considering the Lamakaan debacle) away with his sonics, starting by reading a poem on the Hussain Sagar from Moving On (as per my wish, I thought it apt to start by paying homage to the lake) and then quite a few from Ink Dries.

After we unwrapped the copies of Ink Dries to technically launch the book, the audience took over and asked me some really interesting questions (written down for me by Giridhar and Mr. Marur).

Like, how much of poetry is lost to common logic.

Like, will poetry be successful?

Like, how much of time it took me to finish the book.

Like, why the title Ink Dries (this was asked twice by two different people and from what I recollect my answer wasn't exactly the same both times).

Was a good session that humbled me and has left me full of insights.

Thanks to all who braved the rainy weather and came to the event.  


Thanks to Sujata Roy of Oxford Bookstores for making all the (I must say, very, very professional) arrangements and I am sure I will be going a lot to their bookstore hereafter.

All the pics are courtesy Umashanker.

There, the books are out!





   

3 comments:

  1. Heartfelt wishes and congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and it was really good to see you there again :-) Hope you enjoyed the poetry reading :-)

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?