Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Meet the "Birdman"

Deccan Chronicle's Hyderabad edition covered me in today's edition, take a look see here

The bird shown in the story is a little fella known as the River Kingfisher (also known as the Common Kingfisher, but as I have asked myself a thousand times -- and it seems M Krishnan also concurs with me -- what is "common" about this spectacularly plumaged joy of a bird?) I had photographed near a trout pool somewhere in Uttarkhand.

And yes, I like being called the Birdman, thank you Barkha and Deccan Chronicle :-)

I do feel a kinship with the Black Kites, at least a kinship that is deeper than what I feel with other birds and this kinship has led me to stop my motorcycle and gaze up at the skies (on the Vizag coast, near Delhi and all through Hyderabad) numerous times and also to ink many a poem.

Would ears (or hearing aids) help in photographing birds better?

I wouldn't know; I do what I can do with my eyes and its pure bliss and joy!

The quotes aren't exactly in context, but then they are not contentious either, so its okay.

Thanks also to Sujata Roy and Oxford Bookstores for setting this up.

Now if only the birds could read this, they would be happy too that I have been called the birdman!      

 


1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Labels

Stopping By?