Thursday, January 21, 2010

10 Birthday Resolutions

1.) Put more thoughts to paper! Try always to be a pen (and carry one on me) inked by immediacy. Try always to be paper too, plain, uncluttered and blessed with space for the poem that comes.

2.) Write what I read -- of the natural world, people, cultures and cities -- left unsaid and implicit.

3.) See more sunsets and sunrises on the road. Drink them in, deep.

4.) Serenade more silences. Find more mystery roads, deserted quarries, way-sided bridges, rain-pelted Forest Rest House balconies, snow-crested mountain passes. Cycle or (God forbid) punctured motorcycle, be my own engine.

5.) Get back to serious photography seriously. Accent on "seriously".

6.) Stop surviving the city, start re-discovering it. Bus around to give a finger to the traffic if need be.

7.) Read more poetry, read myself less into the claustrophobic corners of definitions of what is and what is not poetry.

8.) Offer free copywriting services to anyone who want babies, bikes, books, puppies, software products, companies, houses, ex's and so on... named. (note - "Free" means "Free", I will gladly go dutch on the bar / refreshments bill). Second time onwards, charges apply. (note - "Charges", don't refer to drinks / refreshments; I will gladly go dutch on the bill).

9.) Seriously explore alternative vocations like lumber-jacking, bricklaying, leading motorcycle expeditions, truck-driving, dog breeding, professional gambling, etc.

10.) Live, love and laugh more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?