Thursday, January 28, 2010

Every morning in Africa, a deer wakes up

"Every morning in Africa, a deer wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest deer or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a deer (or relapsed cyclist). When the sun comes up you'd better be running (or cycling)".

Reproduced in entirety -- yes, I had jotted it down on a piece of paper -- from a poster seen just above the cash counter of the Irani Cafe where I had my Chhai today morning, way back home on my first major cycle ride in a while. The little bits in the parentheses were of course not there on the poster.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. Puzzled ... what was this poster about? Its message? Purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess this is what they call a "motivational" poster, I guess the message is "treat every day as your last and live it up", at least that's what I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes dude. its great poster.
    I see this poster in an educational institute in all its branches all over India. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah..i saw it in a mahindra service centre in surat!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome! I am someone who is passionate about poetry and motorcycling and I read and write a lot (writing, for me has been a calling, a release and a career). My debut collection of English poems, "Moving On" was published by Coucal Books in December 2009. It can be ordered here My second poetry collection, Ink Dries can be ordered here Leave a comment or do write to me at ahighwayman(at)gmail(dot)com.

Blog Archive

Labels

Stopping By?